Establishing a consistent fitness routine does wonders for our health, but it can be challenging to remain inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of exercising itself is not always enjoyable. We do it principally for the results and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to get through the stress and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why most people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only provides a diversion but also creates the determination and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You may not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your best music and all of a sudden you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be valuable for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning frame of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet courses, enhancing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have an exercise partner instead?
Modern hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, focus on and accentuate speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to hold a discussion with your partner in a fast paced gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are indispensable gym equipment, but you may be worried about possible damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant against dirt and moisture to some degree, there are a few accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Think about investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, defending them from sweat and grime.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become accidentally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to find out more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!